Events & Education
- This event has passed.
RAC-CT Certification 3 Day Workshop – Gilbert, Arizona
May 8 @ 7:30 am - May 10 @ 5:00 pm| $575 - $775
Click here to register or call 1.800.768.1880
AANAC’s Resident Assessment Coordinator-Certified (RAC-CT®) is the distinguishing characteristic of an expert in resident assessment. AANAC’s RAC-CT program has long set the national standard for skilled nursing facility PPS and MDS education. More and more employers are requesting RAC-CT certified applicants in their jobs postings as it has become the mark of professionals who are committed to their career and residents. Constantly reviewed and updated by a team of experts, the RAC-CT program will help you to distinguish yourself as a valuable asset to any long-term care organization. In this program, you will immerse yourself in clinical assessment and care planning, completion of MDS, and the regulatory body surrounding the RAI/MDS process.
- MDS Coding for OBRA and PPS
- RUG IV
- OBRA Timing and Scheduling
- Care Area Assessments
- PPS Timing and Scheduling
- Introduction to Medicare Part A
- Care Planning
- Accurately Assessing Functional Status
- Five-Star Quality Rating System
- Quality Measures
- Schedule: 8:00am – 5:00pm – arrive 15 minutes early on the first day
- Handouts will be provided to attendees electronically for this workshop. Students can download the materials to her/his device of choice to bring to the workshop. Students also have the option to download and print the materials. Access information will be sent via email to each student prior to the beginning of the workshop.
- Lunch is provided
- Access the RAC-CT certification exams in the online AANAC Classroom at www.AANAC.org
About the Instructor:
Carol Maher is a Board Certified Gerontological Registered Nurse with over 30 years long term care experience and has worked in long term care in many roles. She worked as the MDS Coordinator in a 300 bed SNF in Pennsylvania for 8 years before moving to CA to become the MDS Coordinator/Director for a 1,200 bed SNF in San Francisco. She has also worked as the MDS Coordinator in an SNF that typically had 60-75 residents on Medicare in addition to 160 long-term care residents. Most recently she was the Senior VP of Utilization Services and Director of Reimbursement for large multi-facility organizations.
Carol has worked as one of the Gold Standard Nurses for MDS 3.0, serving on the RAP workgroup to prepare the way for the CAAs for MDS 3.0, and participating on a number of Technical Expert Panels related to MDS, Quality Measures, and care planning. A sought after speaker, she has given presentations at AANAC, AHCA, and Leading Age national conferences, as well as many state organization presentations. She is also a frequent author of articles related to the RAI process and PPS. Carol served as a member of the AANAC Board of Directors for 9 years. She is presently serving on the AANAC Expert Advisory Panel and as an AANAC Master Teacher. Ms. Maher is the Director of Education for Hansen Hunter & Co., providing MDS and Medicare classes across the country, presenting monthly educational webinars and completing compliance audits. She is the author of Long-Term Care MDS Coordinator’s Field Guide (HCPRO 2016).