Events & Education
3-DAY CLASS TO PREPARE FOR THE PDPM – LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS
July 16 - July 18| $249
Tuesday, July 16
9am – 5pm
ICD-10-CM coding (Attendees must bring ICD-10-CM Coding Manuals to the class in order to get the greatest benefit from the information.)
1. ICD-10-CM Coding Basics.
2. Coding practice.
3. Choosing and coding principal diagnoses.
Wednesday, July 17
9am – 5pm
Resident functional status (Section GG) will impact the PT, OT and nursing components of PDPM. The RAI User’s Manual will undergo many updates including new sections, items and item sets to support PDPM.
1. Accurate coding of Section GG.
2. RAI User’s Manual Updates.
Thursday, July 18
8:30am – 4:30pm
PDPM – Learn the six components of PDPM, Case-mix adjustment, Variable Per Diem payment, and impact of interrupted stays.
1. Reason for payment change. Learn why the Medicare payment change was necessary and the focus of the PDPM system.
2. PT/OT components.
3. SLP component.
4. Nursing component.
5. Non-Therapy Ancillary (NTA) component.
6. Variable per diem payments.
7. Interrupted stays.
8. Transition (RUG-IV to PDPM).
9. Case Study: Put it all together!