FY2023 ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines and Code Changes
LPN / LVN
Other IDT Member
1. The physician must document whether the resident’s vaccination status is up-to-date prior to adding the underimmunization status ICD-10-CM code to the E.H.R.
2. It is necessary for the provider to explicitly document the term “complication” before adding a complication ICD-10-CM code to the resident’s medical record.
3. If a patient with documented HIV disease, HIV-related illness or AIDS is currently managed on antiretroviral medications, assign code:
D. None of the above
4. If the patient is treated with both oral hypoglycemic drugs and insulin, both code Z79.4, long-term (current) use of insulin, and code Z79.84, long-term (current) use of oral hypoglycemic drugs, should be assigned.
5. If a patient is admitted to a nursing home setting with dementia at one severity level and it progresses to a higher severity level:
A. Assign one code for the highest severity level reported during the stay.
B. Code both the severity level on admission and the severity level of the decline.
6. Documentation of a change in the patient’s condition is required in order to assign an underdosing code.
Copyright © 2022 Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C. All rights reserved.