MDS 3.0 Quality Measures
LPN / LVN
Other IDT Member
1. Describe “Short Stay” as it relates to the Quality Measures:
Resident has had only 1 quarterly since readmission to the facility
Resident has had only PPS assessments since readmission to the facility
Resident has been in the facility less than a year
Resident has been in the facility a total of 100 days or less since original admission (A1900)
None of the above
2. Discharged residents continue to affect your QMs when discharged during the target period.
3. Residents with a diagnosis of “psychosis” are excluded from both the long and short stay Antipsychotic Medication measures.
4. Your facility QMs are triggering above the 75th percentile. You should:
Answer MDS questions purposely in a way that will avoid triggering the QMs
Review the MDS for accuracy per RAI User’s Manual
Determine whether Clinical systems can be improved
All of the above
B & C
5. Who can see your facility’s QMs?
All of Above
6. Name one new exclusion to the significant weight loss Quality Measure:
7. Name one change to the long stay pressure ulcer measure.
8. How does the Quality Measure system identify which residents are short-stay and which are long stay?
Copyright © 2022 Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C. All rights reserved.