We aren’t your typical accounting firm.
Our seasoned Certified Public Accountants and clinical consultants are specialized in the complexities of our client’s businesses beyond what you will find at a typical accounting firm. Our industry focused teams have in-depth healthcare knowledge that have gained the trust of our clients since 1979 due to the difference it makes to their bottom line.
While our extensive accounting expertise allows us to be among the best for auditing as well as tax planning and preparation, we also offer our clients a variety of tools to help them stay ahead of changes in their industries. With on-site RNs, consulting, training and free webinars, we give our clients the edge needed to succeed.
Through our divisions that include Axiom, Synergy and Healthbridge, we offer a one-company team approach to implement the right strategies for each of our clients. With five offices located in Portland, Oregon; Canoga Park, California; Chatsworth, California; Little Rock, Arkansas and Macon, Georgia, we currently represent healthcare clients with more than 1,500 facilities in over forty states.
Whether you are looking for a trusted resource for occasional consultation or a full-time team that will take care of all financial facets of your organization, Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C. is dedicated to working side-by-side with you.
Meet our Divisions
Synergy is a team of highly skilled experts with extensive involvement in the long-term care industry. As part of Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C., Synergy offers centralized solutions to clients’ future strategic and financial success. Their partners have over 35 years combined experience in the long-term care and senior housing industry.
Axiom was created by a group of experienced healthcare cost report specialists who placed great value in listening to and working in partnership with clients. As part of Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C., Axiom is a leader in the post-acute care industry, solving problems and identifying areas of opportunity for clients while always pursuing best practices and staying abreast of the latest regulatory changes.
Healthbridge is a long-term care consulting company with over 50 years of experience. Founded in Little Rock, Arkansas, Healthbridge offers healthcare clients consulting resources provided by financial experts. Healthbridge is a division of Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C. with specialties focused primarily in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, accounting and auditing.
Professional integrity and a deep sense of responsibility to our clients is at the core of everything we do.
The History of Hansen Hunter
- Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C. is founded by Kent Hansen
- Bruce Hunter joins Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C.
- The firm moves to a new office location at Lincoln Center
Danny Lee becomes a firm partner overseeing Tax Services
- Jeffrey Moore becomes a firm partner specializing in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement
- The firm begins offering nurse consulting that grows to a full Clinical Consulting department
- Founders Kent Hansen and Bruce Hunter retire from the firm
- Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C. expands to new office location
- Raymond Whitlow becomes a firm partner specializing in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement
- Lou McCollum, currently leading the audit department, becomes a firm partner
- Jack Morris and Pamela Thornborrow both become Tax Services partners
- Synergy Healthcare Resources becomes a division of Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C.
- DeDe Nichols becomes a firm partner from the Synergy division
- Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C. adds Axiom Healthcare Group as a division of the firm
- Michael Lesnick becomes a partner from Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C.’s Axiom division
- Eddie Uppal from Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C.’s Axiom division becomes a partner
- Cathy Storr becomes a firm partner from Axiom Reimbursement Services
- Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C. purchases the firm's current Portland office location
- Brian Larson rejoins the firm as a Tax Services partner