After serving in the US Air Force, Bruce joined a national accounting firm in Portland, Oregon. He left that firm as an audit manager in 1977, and became Treasurer and Reimbursement Manager for a local nursing home chain. During this time, he gained unique insight into the financial intricacies of long-term healthcare. Bruce’s extensive experience paved the way for him to join the firm that became Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C. shortly after its founding in 1980.
He has been integral in a variety of leadership roles and helped shape the successful trajectory of Hansen Hunter & Co. P.C. During his tenure with the company, Bruce was involved in audits, Medicaid reimbursement and Medicare reimbursement. His expertise also extended to expert witness testimony, database design and consulting for nursing homes. He was often looked to as a trusted resource for rate appeals and hearings as well as testimony before the legislature on behalf of nursing home associations.
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (major in accounting), Wayne State University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Oregon Health Care Association
- Oregon Alliance for Senior and Health Services