Hansen Hunter & Co. is knowledgeable in the Medicaid systems of all 50 states. Our clients consist mainly of for-profit and not-for-profit long-term care nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and specialty hospitals. See our contract reimbursement department section.
WE PROVIDE A VARIETY OF MEDICAID REIMBURSEMENT SERVICES:
- Analysis of costs versus rates
- Review of audit adjustments
- Review of rates and settlement calculations
- Appeals of audits, rates and settlements
- Representing clients in informal negotiations with state employees
- Representing clients in appeal proceedings at the administrative level
- Representing clients and working with legal counsel in appeals at the hearings level
- Preparation of current funding requests for property reimbursement
- Preparation of financial analysis for Certificate of Need applications
- Cost report preparation
- Maintenance of on-going, statistical data bases
- Advising state Nursing Home Associations of impact of state or legislative changes to reimbursement systems
- Presentation of reimbursement seminars through the nursing home associations
We assist our clients through this maze to obtain the maximum Medicaid reimbursement to which they are entitled within the laws and regulations of their state’s Medicaid system. We do this by staying current on regulations and statutes that affect the reimbursement systems, maintaining a good working relationship with the states and assisting the nursing home associations to achieve desirable changes in the Medicaid reimbursement systems.